Zucchini Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how zucchini can support your health and wellness.
Zucchini nutrition, benefits, recipes...Never underestimate the benefits of the mild flavoured zucchini as a great ‘filler’ for any meal (savoury or sweet)! They’re low in calories and sugars and high in water and nutrients.
- 16 calories / 100g
- 95% water
- VitaminB6, C& K
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Help fight inflammation and oxidative stress due to high antioxidant content.
- Provide antimicrobial and antiparasitic compounds to boost the immune system.
- Help support liver function and detoxification.
- Lower cholesterol and blood pressure to support heart health and lower the risk of stroke.
- Improve digestive health, relieve constipation and reduce the risk of diverticulitis.
- Help support weight loss through low calorie and starchy-carb content.
- Protect against cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Support metabolic functioning to prevent fatigue and boost energy levels.
- Maintain cognitive health and elevated mood.
Zucchini Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of zucchini, search:
To learn more about how zucchini can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
- Help regulate blood sugar levels and control diabetes.
- Support thyroid, adrenal and insulin regulation.