Watermelon Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how watermelon can support your health and wellness.
Watermelon nutrition, benefits, recipes....Watermelon is a great source of refreshing & nutritious flesh that also contains powerful antioxidants. Perfect in the summer time, it can be served chilled, juiced, added to salads and even charred on the bbq!
- 25 calories / 100g
- 92% water
- VitaminA, B1, B5, B6 &C
Health Benefits May Include:
- Reduce the risk of high blood pressure and associated chronic diseases.
- Regulate blood sugar and reduce insulin resistance.
- Prevent metabolic syndrome and type 2 Diabetes.
- Reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
- Fight free-radicals which cause inflammation and chronic diseases.
- Boost immunity and reduce symptoms associated with colds and flus.
- Support kidney function and prevent kidney stones and gout.
- Aid detoxification processes, balance electrolytes and promote circulatory health.
- Improve complexion, prevent skin damage and defend against the signs of aging.
- Promote healthy eyesight and prevent thickening of the cornea, macular degeneration & blindness.
- Regulate pH levels & soothe the symptoms of acid reflux.
Watermelon Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of watermelon, search:
To learn more about how watermelon can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: