Turmeric Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how turmeric can support your health and wellness.
Turmeric nutrition, benefits, recipes....There are a lot of people jumping on the ‘turmeric bandwagon’ these days because Western medicine is confirming many of its health benefits. The ‘active ingredient’ curcumin is only contained in small amounts though (3%), and its best absorbed when consumed with pepper and some form of fat, due to its fat solubility.
Although you’d need to consume a LOT of it to gain full advantage, it’s still a delicious spice to add to exotic cuisine. I personally love it & add a small amount into at least one meal most days.
- 5 calories / gram
- 9% water
- Vitamin B6, C, E & K
Health Benefits May Include:
- Reduce inflammation and lower the risk of chronic disease.
- Fight free radical & stimulate the body’s own antioxidant enzyme processes.
- Improve memory, decrease degeneration and support the formation of new neuronal pathways.
- Assist in the prevention of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Support heart health and regulate blood pressure.
- Slow or prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Reduce the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Assist to alleviate symptoms associate with arthritis.
- Boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine and ease depression.
- Support skin health and relieve symptoms associated with acne and psoriasis.
- Reduce insulin resistance and prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Boost metabolism and support weight loss efforts.
- Support the management of digestive ailments such as IBS, ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease.
- Act as a natural pain reliever.
- Support detoxification processes.
Turmeric Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of turmeric, search:
To learn more about how turmeric can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
Mango & Turmeric Coconut Yoghurt
Find recipe at:
405 calories per serve