Tomato Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how tomato can support your health and wellness.
Tomato nutrition, benefits, recipes.... Although commonly categorised as a vegetable, this fruit (which is technically a berry), is high in dietary fibre and antioxidants. The most noteworthy antioxidant is lycopene, which has been linked to heart heath and a reduced risk of some cancers.
- 20calories / 100g
- 94% water
- Vitamins A, B6, C& K
- Folate (B9)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Lower cholesteroland decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce inflammation, oxidative stress and the risk of breast, prostate, stomach & lung cancers.
- Protect the integrity of blood vessels and prevent the risk of blood clots.
- Improve skin health and prevent the early signs of aging.
- Prevent macular degeneration, cataracts and blindness.
- Protect against bone related diseases and osteoporosis.
- Improve digestive health and prevent constipation.
Tomato Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of tomato, search:
To learn more about how tomato can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
Cherry Tomato & Rocket Tartlets
Find recipe at:
350 calories per serve