Sweet Potato Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how sweet potato can support your health and wellness.
Sweet Potato nutrition, benefits, recipes....This starchy, sweet-tasting root vegetable (which is only distantly related to common potato varieties), comes in a range of colours, including yellow, purple and white. Having a lower glycaemic index than the common potato, sweet potatoes can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes.
- 74 calories / 100g
- 79% water
- Vitamins A + B-Complex + B6+ C + E
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve blood sugar regulation and improve symptoms associated with Type 2 diabetes.
- Decrease fasting blood glucose and increase insulin sensitivity.
- Neutralise free-radicals, reduce oxidative damage &lower the risk of some cancers.
- Boosts brain function, enhances cognitive process and memory.
- Stimulates the production of immune cells to build a strong immune system.
- Maintain healthy eyes and prevent age related macular degeneration.
- Promotes satiety, curbs cravings and supports weight loss.
- Improves digestion, reduces the risk of ulcers and prevents constipation.
- Support healthy skin and reduce the signs of aging.
Sweet Potato Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of sweet potato, search:
To learn more about how sweet potato can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: