This Mediterranean relative of mint is well known as a culinary herb but has also been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. As one of the ‘big 4’ (alongside parsley, rosemary and thyme), sage can also be used as a natural pest controller and householder cleanser.
- 3calories / gram
- 8% water (dried& ground)
Great source of:
- Vitamin A, B6&K
- Improve mental capacity and enhance the mood.
- Ease symptoms associated with conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Regulate blood glucose levels and prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Inhibit lipid absorption and decrease body fat percentage.
- Reduce symptoms associate with menopause, including night sweats, palpitations, insomnia and dizziness.
- Aid digestion and treat diarrhoea and abdominal colic.
- Ease arthritis and gout.
- Prevent inflammation and strengthen the immune system.
- Support bone development and preserve density.