Rosemary Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how rosemary can support your health and wellness.
Rosemary nutrition, benefits, recipes...It’s a pantry staple…. and like so many other herbs, it can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as oil. It’s particularly delicious in Italian or Mediterranean dishes. The rosemary bush in my back yard absolutely thrives & I’ve been successful in striking it too. It’s currently coming into a blue haze of flowers and attracting the bees, which is wonderful to see. It’s also got some great medicinal benefits as well.
- 5calories / gram
- 8% water (dried)
- Vitamin A & C
Health Benefits May Include:
- Increase brainwave activity, decrease drowsiness and elevate your mood.
- Improve cognitive functioning and prevent dementia.
- Effectively treat alopecia in some instances.
- Support the immune system and protect against bacterial infections.
- Boost liver function and reduce gastrointestinal complaints.
- Protect against blood clots.
- Reduce cortisol levels and stress.
- Reduce inflammation and prevent a range of chronic diseases.
- Treat some skin cancers and prevent the spread of cancer cells.
NB: Avoid if pregnant or suffering from high blood pressure.
Rosemary Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of rosemary, search:
To learn more about how rosemary can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: