Quinoa Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how quinoa can support your health and wellness.
Quinoa nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Whilst Quinoa is technically a seed, rather than a grain or cereal grain, it is commonly referred to as an ‘ancient grain’, and is literally packed full of nutritional benefits. In addition to being gluten-free, quinoa is high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids (which the body can’t produce & must receive from food sources).
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, quinoa can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 375 calories / 100g (uncooked)
- 13% water
- 105 calories / 100g (cooked)
- 76% water
- Vitamin B6 & E
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Increase satiety, regulate hunger hormones and support weight loss.
- Improve glucose processing and decrease dietary fat absorption.
- Support the nutritional needs of coeliac sufferers and those with gluten-intolerance.
- Help fight free-radical damage implicated in many forms of cancer.
- Reduce blood pressure and cholesterol and decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Support a healthy gut biome and improve gastrointestinal health.
- Improve symptoms associated with IBS, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Support bone growth and prevent osteoporosis.
- Regulate insulin levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Quinoa Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of quinoa, search:
To learn more about how quinoa can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: