Potatoes are part of the nightshade family of vegetables and are related to tomatoes. They’re primarily composed of carbohydrates but also contain moderate amounts of protein and fibre. They contain virtually no fat.
- 70 calories / 100g
- 81% water
Great source of:
- VitaminB6, C
- Help lower blood pressure & support heart health.
- Increase satiety and support weight management.
- Support gut bacteria due to high levels of resistant starch.
- Reduce the growth of certain types of cancer including colon & liver cancer.
- Assist in proper brain functioning.