Plums are a delicious stone fruit related to cherries and peaches and are rich in vitamins, mineral, dietary fibre and important antioxidants associated with the prevention of some chronic illnesses.
- 40 calories / 100g
- 89% water
Great source of:
- VitaminA, C& K
- Prunes contain more B vitamins and minerals than plums.
Plums(& prunes) may:
- Reduce inflammation and protect cells against free radical damage.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic illnesses.
- Regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Prevent the loss of bone density and conditions such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Aid and regulate digestion and elimination processes.
- Reduce inflammation in neurological areas and support cognitive functions.
- Combat the visible signs of ageing support the healingof scars.
- Boost the immune system and reduce the duration and severity of cold and flu symptoms.
- Help maintain healthy eyesight and prevent age related macular degeneration.