Plum Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how plums can support your health and wellness.
Plum nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Plums are a delicious stone fruit related to cherries and peaches and are rich in vitamins, mineral, dietary fibre and important antioxidants associated with the prevention of some chronic illnesses.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, plums can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 40 calories / 100g
- 89% water
- VitaminA, C& K
- Prunes contain more B vitamins and minerals than plums.
Health Benefits May Include:
- Reduce inflammation and protect cells against free radical damage.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic illnesses.
- Regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Prevent the loss of bone density and conditions such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Aid and regulate digestion and elimination processes.
- Reduce inflammation in neurological areas and support cognitive functions.
- Combat the visible signs of ageing support the healing of scars.
- Boost the immune system and reduce the duration and severity of cold and flu symptoms.
- Help maintain healthy eyesight and prevent age related macular degeneration.
Plums Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of plums, search:
To learn more about how plums can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: