Peanuts Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how peanuts can support your health and wellness.
Peanuts nutrition, benefits, recipes.Although technically belonging to the legume family (& thus related to beans & legumes), peanuts are typically eaten roasted or as peanut butter.
Peanuts can also be used to produce oil, flour and protein powders that can be used a wide range of foods, both savoury and sweet. They are a great source of plant protein and mono and polyunsaturated fats, however can cause potentially life threatening allergic reactions in some people.
They also contain the ‘anti-nutrient’ phytic acid, which can impair the absorption of iron and zinc if consumption levels are excessive.
- 595 calories / 100 grams
- 5% water
- Vitamin E
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Support healthy weight management & reduce the risk of obesity.
- Protect against heart disease.
- Lower cholesterol and prevent the formation of gallstones.
- Prevent cell damage relating to cognitive degeneration and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Support the functioning of red blood cells and improve blood flow.
- Protect against colon related diseases including cancer.
Peanuts Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of peanuts, search:
To learn more about how peanuts can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: