Parsnip Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how parsnip can support your health and wellness.
Parsnip nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Closely related to carrots (pretty obvious), and parsley (wow, who would have thought?!), parsnips are highly nutritious and suitable in a wide variety of culinary applications. Historically, parsnips have also been used in herbal medicine and also as an aphrodisiac!!
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, parsnip can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 59 calories / 100g
- 83% water
- Vitamins B6, B-Complex & E
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve circulation, reduce blood pressure& prevent hypertension.
- Support digestive health, prevent constipation and improve detoxification processes.
- Protect the eyes against sun damage and macular degeneration.
- Support a healthy pregnancy and prevent growth and development issues.
- Improve bone health and prevent osteoporosis.
- Support oral health, build strong gums and prevent gingivitis.
- Regulate blood sugar and prevent diabetes.
- Boost brain health and prevent mood/emotional disorders.
- Support immunity and prevent illnesses and allergies.
- Increase satiety and support weight management efforts.
- Enhance skin elasticity and prevent the signs of ageing.
- Prevent respiratory infections and provide relief from sinusitis, asthma and bronchitis.
Parsnip Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of parsnip, search:
To learn more about how parsnip can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: