Closely related to garlic, shallots, leeks and chives, onions are part of the Allium genus of flowering plants and are rich in vitamins, minerals & other potent plant compounds:
- 40 calories / 100g
- 89% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin B6 & C
- Folate (B9)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
- Suppress harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria & yeasts.
- Support blood sugar regulation & assist the management of type I & II diabetes.
- Protect bone health & reduce density loss in postmenopausal women.
- Reduce the risk of several forms of cancer including stomach, breast, colon & prostate.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Improve blood circulation & pressure.