Onion Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how onion can support your health and wellness.
Onion nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Closely related to garlic, shallots, leeks and chives, onions are part of the Allium genus of flowering plants and are rich in vitamins, minerals & other potent plant compounds:
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, onions can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 40 calories / 100g
- 89% water
- Vitamin B6 & C
- Folate (B9)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Suppress harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria & yeasts.
- Support blood sugar regulation & assist the management of type I & II diabetes.
- Protect bone health & reduce density loss in postmenopausal women.
- Reduce the risk of several forms of cancer including stomach, breast, colon & prostate.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Improve blood circulation & pressure.
Onion Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of onion, search:
To learn more about how onion can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: