Oats Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how oats can support your health and wellness.
Oats nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of nature’s own cereals and grains! Oats are by far, one of the most popular (and healthiest) breakfast options available…. and best of all, they’re even suitable for those who are gluten intolerant! In addition to containing a protein called avenins, rather than gluten, oats also contain a unique group of antioxidants called avenanthramides, that are believed to protect against heart disease.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, oats can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 390 calories / 100g (uncooked)
- 9% water
- 75 calories / 100g (cooked)
- 76% water
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Regulate blood sugar, reduce insulin sensitivity and prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Increase satiety and support weight loss and management.
- Improve digestion, prevent constipation & reduce IBS symptoms.
- Support a healthy gut biome and improve gastrointestinal health.
- Enhance immune system functioning.
- Help maintain a healthy bone structure.
Oats Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of oats, search:
To learn more about how oats can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: