Mulberry Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how mulberry can support your health and wellness.
Mulberry nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Mulberries are sweet in flavour, offer impressive nutritional value (including antioxidants), and have been used for centuries in Chinese herbal remedies to treat heart disease, diabetes, anaemia and arthritis.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, mulberries can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 35 calories / 100g
- 90% water
- Vitamins C, E& K
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Lower cholesterol, regulate blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart attack and heart disease.
- Moderate the increase of blood sugar levels after meals and assist with the control of diabetes.
- Reduce oxidative stress and potentially prevent the development of cancers.
- Stimulate the activation of macrophages which supports a healthy immune system.
- Boost the production of red blood cells and optimise body system functioning.
- Protect neural pathways and enhance cognition.
- Aid digestion and prevent bloating and constipation.
- Protect the retina and prevent macular degeneration.
- Reduce the early signs of ageing.
Mulberry Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of mulberry, search:
The Australian Food Composition Database.
To learn more about how mulberry can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
The Australian Dietary Guidelines or Nutrition Australia's Healthy Eating Pyramid.