Mandarin Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how mandarin can support your health and wellness.
Mandarin nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Mandarins are a smaller and sweeter relative of the orange, which is also high in vitamins and antioxidants. It can be eaten raw or cooked in both sweet and savoury dishes.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, mandarins can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 41 calories / 100g
- 89% water
- Vitamin A, B6, B Complex, &C
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Fight free-radicals & prevent cellular damage.
- Regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
- Support cardiovascular health.
- Improve digestion & regulate insulin levels.
- Encourage satiety & support weight loss.
- Support detoxification processes & improve immunity.
- Prevent sun damage & reduce the appearance of ageing.
- Improve eye health & support night vision.
- Reduce the risk of cancer.
Mandarin Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of mandarin, search:
The Australian Food Composition Database.
To learn more about how mandarin can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
The Australian Dietary Guidelines or Nutrition Australia's Healthy Eating Pyramid.