Limes contain a diverse range of unique properties which make them useful for culinary, cosmetic, and of course, medicinal purposes. Both the peel and the pulp are rich in phytochemicals which protect the body against oxidative stress and other pathogens.
- 31 calories / 100g
- 89% water
Great source of:
- Dietary Fibre
- Supports digestion and weight loss as well as aids in the prevention and treatment of constipation.
- Assist in the management of diabetes by regulating sugar absorption and preventing blood sugar spikes.
- Help prevent heart attacks, heart disease & strokes through the reduction of LDL (‘bad’) cholesterol.
- Reduce the symptoms of arthritis through the elimination of uric acid from the body.
- Support skin radiance and prevent acne and other related blemishes.
- Prevent scurvy and its related symptoms which include cracked lips, mouth and tongue ulcers, as well as spongy, bleeding gums.