Lettuce Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how lettuce can support your health and wellness.
Lettuce nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Being virtually free of sugar, fat & protein, lettuce (generally) has built a reputation for being virtually void of all nutritional value. It does however still provide some important vitamins & minerals that are essential to daily requirements. Some varieties (eg: Cos/Romaine) contain higher levels of nutrients than others (eg: Iceberg).
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, lettuce can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 15 calories / 100g
- 95% water
- Vitamin A, C& K
Health Benefits May Include:
- Fight free-radicals which cause inflammation and chronic diseases.
- Boost bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Assist in blood clotting and tissue healing.
- Prevent plaque build-up in blood vessels which can lead to heart disease & stroke.
- Promote healthy eyesight and prevent thickening of the cornea, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Control neuronal damage and prevent memory loss.
- Improve complexion, prevent skin damage and defend against the signs of ageing.
- Boost immunity and reduce symptoms associated with colds and flus.
- Help to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Help improve digestion and intestinal health.
- Assist with weight loss and maintenance.
Lettuce Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of lettuce, search:
To learn more about how lettuce can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: