Closely related to onions, garlic and chives, leeks also contain many beneficial vitamins, minerals and flavonoids. They are also low in calories and are abundant in prebiotic carbohydrates to support beneficial digestive flora.
- 34 calories / 100g
- 91% water
High in nutrients & other beneficial compounds:
- Vitamin A, B6, C, E &K
- Dietary Fibre
- Support eye health & night vision and prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Combat free radical damage and slow the signs of aging (including dark spots and fine lines).
- Regulate cholesterol, protect the heart&support vascular health,
- Lower blood pressure & prevent heart disease, blood clots & strokes.
- Relieve inflammation and reduce the severity of symptoms associated with arthritis.
- Promote bone health and remodelling.
- Regulate blood sugar spikes and help manage type 2 diabetes.
- Improve digestion and assist in weight loss.
- Support immune system functioning and fight infections.
- Protect against cancer.
Leek & Tomato Brekky Tarts
Find recipe at:
360 calories per serve