Leek Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how leek can support your health and wellness.
Leek nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Closely related to onions, garlic and chives, leeks also contain many beneficial vitamins, minerals and flavonoids. They are also low in calories and are abundant in prebiotic carbohydrates to support beneficial digestive flora.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, leek can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 34 calories / 100g
- 91% water
- Vitamin A, B6, C, E &K
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Support eye health & night vision and prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Combat free radical damage and slow the signs of ageing (including dark spots and fine lines).
- Regulate cholesterol, protect the heart&support vascular health,
- Lower blood pressure & prevent heart disease, blood clots & strokes.
- Relieve inflammation and reduce the severity of symptoms associated with arthritis.
- Promote bone health and remodelling.
- Regulate blood sugar spikes and help manage type 2 diabetes.
- Improve digestion and assist in weight loss.
- Support immune system functioning and fight infections.
- Protect against cancer.
Leek Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of leek, search:
To learn more about how leek can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
Leek & Tomato Brekky Tarts
Find recipe at:
360 calories per serve