Guavas are sweet and tangy, are high in nutrients and antioxidants and are known for their medicinal qualities. Not only can the flesh and seeds be eaten, but the leaves may also be used as a herbal tea.
- 36 calories / 100g
- 87% water
Great source of:
- VitaminA & C
- Dietary fibre
- Improve long term blood-sugar control and reduce insulin resistance.
- Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Reduce pain levels associated with menstrual cramps.
- Improve digestion and reduce constipation.
- Fight free-radicals, cell damage and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Boost the immune system & reduce the severity of cold & flu symptoms.
- Prevent wrinkles and fight the signs of aging.
- Assist weight management.