Guava Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how guava can support your health and wellness.
Guava nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Guavas are sweet and tangy, are high in nutrients and antioxidants and are known for their medicinal qualities. Not only can the flesh and seeds be eaten, but the leaves may also be used as a herbal tea.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, guava can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 36 calories / 100g
- 87% water
- Vitamin A & C
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve long term blood-sugar control and reduce insulin resistance.
- Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Reduce pain levels associated with menstrual cramps.
- Improve digestion and reduce constipation.
- Fight free-radicals, cell damage and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Boost the immune system & reduce the severity of cold & flu symptoms.
- Prevent wrinkles and fight the signs of ageing.
- Assist weight management.
Guava Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of guava, search:
To learn more about how guava can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: