Ginger Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how ginger can support your health and wellness.
Ginger nutrition, benefits, recipes...Ginger is related to turmeric, galangal and cardamom and can be used fresh, dried, powdered, as an oil or juice…. and my little obsession right now is pickled ginger!! I’ve been having it in my Asian inspired salads a couple of times each week!
Many of the medicinal qualities of ginger, comes from the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 3calories / gram
- 90% water
- Vitamin B6 &C
- Niacin (B3)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Relieve many forms of nausea, including sea sickness and morning sickness.
- Reduce exercise induced muscle pain as well as menstrual pain.
- Minimise painful symptoms associated with joint degeneration and osteoarthritis.
- Regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Assist digestive processes, reduce chronic indigestion& prevent stomach ulcers.
- Lower cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce oxidative stress and slow the aging process.
- Support the metabolism and assist weight management.
- Improve brain function, including reaction times and memory.
- Boost the immune system and prevent bacterial & fungal infections.
- Assist detoxification processes.
- Increase libido.
- Inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Ginger Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of ginger, search:
To learn more about how ginger can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: