Closely related to onions, shallots & leeks, garlic is commonly used in an array of different cuisines and has long been known for its medicinal properties that support good health.
- 130 calories / 100g
- 60% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin B6 &C
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
- Boost immune function and reduce cold and flu symptoms.
- Reduce blood pressure and combat the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce oxidative damage and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Aid the detoxification of heavy metals and prevent toxin related headaches and blood pressure.
- Increase estrogen levels in women and minimise age related bone loss.
- Prevent cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, including atherosclerosis, hypertension and diabetes.
- Promote the opening of blood vessels and assist in the control high blood pressure.
- Control diabetes through the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Prevent free-radical damage and slow the signs of ageing.
- Reduce the risk of some cancers.