Garlic Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how garlic can support your health and wellness.
Garlic nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Closely related to onions, shallots & leeks, garlic is commonly used in an array of different cuisines and has long been known for its medicinal properties that support good health.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, garlic can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 130 calories / 100g
- 60% water
- Vitamin B6 &C
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Boost immune function and reduce cold and flu symptoms.
- Reduce blood pressure and combat the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce oxidative damage and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Aid the detoxification of heavy metals and prevent toxin related headaches and blood pressure.
- Increase oestrogen levels in women and minimise age related bone loss.
- Prevent cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, including atherosclerosis, hypertension and diabetes.
- Promote the opening of blood vessels and assist in the control high blood pressure.
- Control diabetes through the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Prevent free-radical damage and slow the signs of ageing.
- Reduce the risk of some cancers.
Garlic Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of garlic, search:
To learn more about how garlic can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: