Related to the mulberry family, figs can be eaten either fresh or fried in both sweet and savoury foods.
- 49 calories (fresh)&271 calories (dried) / 100g
- 83% water (fresh)& 21% water (dried)
Great source of:
- Vitamins A, B6, C & K
- Dietary fibre
- Help prevent aging & some cancers.
- Support digestive, endocrine, reproductive & respiratory functions.
- Help prevent anaemia, diabetes, leprosy&skin disease.
- Help prevent gastrointestinal and urinary tract infections.
- Boost immune system functions.
- Assist in lowering blood pressure & preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Support healthy weight management.
- Protect against macular degeneration.