Fig Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how figs can support your health and wellness.
Fig nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Related to the mulberry family, figs can be eaten either fresh or fried in both sweet and savoury foods.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, figs can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 49 calories (fresh) & 271 calories (dried) / 100g
- 83% water (fresh) & 21% water (dried)
- Vitamins A, B6, C & K
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Help prevent ageing & some cancers.
- Support digestive, endocrine, reproductive & respiratory functions.
- Help prevent anaemia, diabetes, leprosy&skin disease.
- Help prevent gastrointestinal and urinary tract infections.
- Boost immune system functions.
- Assist in lowering blood pressure & preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Support healthy weight management.
- Protect against macular degeneration.
Figs Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of figs, search:
To learn more about how figs can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: