Fennel Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how fennel can support your health and wellness.
Fennel nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! If you love the taste of liquorice, this veggie is probably one that you’d love too, because of its mild aniseed flavour. All parts of this autumn/winter vegetable are edible, right from the root bulb all the way to the seeds, and it can be used in salads, slaws, pastas, purees and even as an essential oil.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, fennel can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 27calories / 100g
- 92% water
- Vitamin A & C
- Niacin (B3)
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Boost bone density and help maintain bone strength.
- Reduce free-radical damage and prevent the signs of premature ageing.
- Lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension.
- Support digestion, prevent constipation and reduce IBS symptoms.
- Increase satiety and support weight management efforts.
- Regulate cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Prevent symptoms associated with infant colic.
- Support eye health and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Ease symptoms associated with menopause.
- Prevent inflammation and reduce the risk of some cancers.
Fennel Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of fennel, search:
To learn more about how fennel can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: