As a member of the daisy family, Endive in a versatile leaf vegetable that can be cooked or used raw in salads. It comes in a broad leaf and curly leaf variety and can range from a nutty to a mildly bitter flavour.
- 15 calories / 100g
- 94% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin A, C & K
- Dietary Fibre
- Aid digestion and prevent constipation.
- Lower cholesterol and reduce blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Improve blood sugar, lipids and insulin levels for diabetics.
- Support calcium retention and maintain bone strength.
- Prevent the degeneration of vision.
- Enhance neurological functioning and improve cognitive performance.
- Support a healthy pregnancy.