Endive Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how endive can support your health and wellness.
Endive nutrition, benefits, recipes... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! As a member of the daisy family, endive in a versatile leaf vegetable that can be cooked or used raw in salads. It comes in a broad leaf and curly leaf variety and can range from a nutty to a mildly bitter flavour.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, endive can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 15 calories / 100g
- 94% water
- Vitamin A, C & K
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Aid digestion and prevent constipation.
- Lower cholesterol and reduce blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Improve blood sugar, lipids and insulin levels for diabetics.
- Support calcium retention and maintain bone strength.
- Prevent the degeneration of vision.
- Enhance neurological functioning and improve cognitive performance.
- Support a healthy pregnancy.
Eggplant Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of endive, search:
To learn more about how endive can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: