In addition to a range of vitamins and minerals, eggplant contains high levels of disease fighting antioxidants. They’re also a great source of dietary fibre.
- 23 calories / 100g
- 93% water
Great source of:
- VitaminB1, B6 & K
- Dietary Fibre
- Prevent free radical damage and the formation of cancerous cells in the body.
- Fight inflammation and oxidative stress to support healthier arteries and reduce plaque build-up.
- Improve blood flow and reduce the amount of cholesterol held within the blood vessels.
- Support digestive health and the elimination of wastes and toxins.
- Assist in the formation of healthy bone structures.
- Regulate hormones necessary for reproductive health and fighting infertility.
- Assist the body to absorb vitamins and minerals necessary for good general health and energy metabolism.
- Support the formation of haemoglobin and neurotransmitters to enhance oxygen circulation and mood.
- Help control diabetes through blood sugar regulation and increased insulin secretion.
- Support satiety and reduce calorie consumption for weight control.
Spicy Eggplant & Chickpea Salad with Paprika Yogurt
Find recipe at:
195 calories per serve