Eggplant Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how eggplant can support your health and wellness.
Eggplant nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! In addition to a range of vitamins and minerals, eggplant contains high levels of disease fighting antioxidants. They’re also a great source of dietary fibre.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, eggplant can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 23 calories / 100g
- 93% water
- Vitamin B1, B6 & K
- Dietary Fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Prevent free radical damage and the formation of cancerous cells in the body.
- Fight inflammation and oxidative stress to support healthier arteries and reduce plaque build-up.
- Improve blood flow and reduce the amount of cholesterol held within the blood vessels.
- Support digestive health and the elimination of wastes and toxins.
- Assist in the formation of healthy bone structures.
- Regulate hormones necessary for reproductive health and fighting infertility.
- Assist the body to absorb vitamins and minerals necessary for good general health and energy metabolism.
- Support the formation of haemoglobin and neurotransmitters to enhance oxygen circulation and mood.
- Help control diabetes through blood sugar regulation and increased insulin secretion.
- Support satiety and reduce calorie consumption for weight control.
Eggplant Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of eggplant, search:
To learn more about how eggplant can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
Spicy Eggplant & Chickpea Salad with Paprika Yogurt
Find recipe at:
195 calories per serve