Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a significant amount of water which contributes to good hydration. They also contain soluble fibre as well as other compounds, including antioxidants, which are mainly found in the skin.
- 14 calories / 100g
- 95% water
Great source of:
- VitaminC, & K
- Fight oxidative stress caused by free-radicals that are associated with a range of chronic diseases.
- Promote hydration which supports metabolic processes, temperature regulation and detoxification.
- Support weight loss efforts due to their calorie, water and dietary fibre content.
- Reduce blood sugar levels and prevent complications associated with diabetes.
- Improve digestion and alleviate constipation due to water and dietary fibre content.
- Fight the signs of ageing caused by oxidative stress.
- Improve blood pressure and heart health.
- Assist in the maintenance of bone density.