Cucumber Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how cucumber can support your health and wellness.
Cucumber nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a significant amount of water which contributes to good hydration. They also contain soluble fibre as well as other compounds, including antioxidants, which are mainly found in the skin.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, cucumbers can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 14 calories / 100g
- 95% water
- Vitamin C, & K
Health Benefits May Include:
- Fight oxidative stress caused by free-radicals that are associated with a range of chronic diseases.
- Promote hydration which supports metabolic processes, temperature regulation and detoxification.
- Support weight loss efforts due to their calorie, water and dietary fibre content.
- Reduce blood sugar levels and prevent complications associated with diabetes.
- Improve digestion and alleviate constipation due to water and dietary fibre content.
- Fight the signs of ageing caused by oxidative stress.
- Improve blood pressure and heart health.
- Assist in the maintenance of bone density.
Cucumber Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of cucumber, search:
To learn more about how cucumber can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: