Couscous Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how couscous can support your health and wellness.
Couscous nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of nature’s own cereals and grains! Whilst many consider couscous to be a grain, technically, it’s a pasta made from semolina flour, which is ground from durum wheat. Durum wheat is relatively high in protein, however the extremely high levels of gluten make it intolerable for those who are sensitive to gluten or who suffer from coeliac disease.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, couscous can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 380 calories / 100g (uncooked)
- 10% water
- 170 calories / 100g (cooked)
- 60% water
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Boost the immune system and help fight diseases.
- Prevent autoimmune and thyroid diseases.
- Reduce oxidative stress, inflammation and the risk of associated diseases.
- Support a healthy gut biome and improve gastrointestinal health.
- Enhance fertility.
- Help regulate blood sugar levels and control diabetes.
- Support thyroid, adrenal and insulin regulation.
Couscous Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of couscous, search:
To learn more about how couscous can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: