Although corn (or sweetcorn as it is also known), is high in starchy carbohydrates (and thus similar to cereal grains), it is also rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- 110 calories / 100g
- 76% water
Great source of:
- VitaminB5,B6& C
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamine (B1)
- Dietary fibre
- Prevent cataracts, macular degeneration and blindness.
- Support digestive processes and prevent constipation and bowel cancer.
- Support ‘good gut bacteria’ and the immune system.
- Reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Support immune system functioning.
- Prevent high blood pressure and heart conditions.
- Increase the production of red blood cells and prevent anaemia.
- Benefit skin health and reduce the signs of aging.