Corn Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how corn can support your health and wellness.
Corn nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Although corn (or sweetcorn as it is also known), is high in starchy carbohydrates (and thus similar to cereal grains), it is also rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, corn can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 110 calories / 100g
- 76% water
- Vitamin B5,B6& C
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Prevent cataracts, macular degeneration and blindness.
- Support digestive processes and prevent constipation and bowel cancer.
- Support ‘good gut bacteria’ and the immune system.
- Reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Support immune system functioning.
- Prevent high blood pressure and heart conditions.
- Increase the production of red blood cells and prevent anaemia.
- Benefit skin health and reduce the signs of ageing.
Corn Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of corn search:
To learn more about how corn can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: