Chillies are packed full of vitamins, mineral and other beneficial plant compounds, including capsaicin. They’re part of the Nightshade family of plants are related to capsicum and tomato. They can be eaten raw, cooked, dried or in powdered form (paprika).
- 48 calories / 100g
- 81% water
Great source of:
- Vitamins A, B6, C& K
- Desensitise pain receptors and assist with pain relief.
- Reduce appetite, increase fat burning and support weight loss.
- Delay the onset of arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Reduce cholesterol, prevent blood clots and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism.
- Prevent congestion of the nose and lungs.
- Prevent stomach ulcers and some cancers, including prostate cancer.
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by moderating levels of insulin.