Chilli Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how chilli can support your health and wellness.
Chilli nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Chillies are packed full of vitamins, mineral and other beneficial plant compounds, including capsaicin. They’re part of the Nightshade family of plants are related to capsicum and tomato. They can be eaten raw, cooked, dried or in powdered form (paprika).
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, chilli can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 48 calories / 100g
- 81% water
- Vitamins A, B6, C& K
Health Benefits May Include:
- Desensitise pain receptors and assist with pain relief.
- Reduce appetite, increase fat burning and support weight loss.
- Delay the onset of arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Reduce cholesterol, prevent blood clots and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism.
- Prevent congestion of the nose and lungs.
- Prevent stomach ulcers and some cancers, including prostate cancer.
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by moderating levels of insulin.
Chilli Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of chilli, search:
To learn more about how chilli can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: