Carrots are versatile, highly nutritious and full of fibre. They are found in a variety of colours and can be eaten cooked, raw or juiced. They are predominantly comprised of water & carbohydrates with virtually no fat or protein. They rate low on the GI scale (particularly when raw), which is beneficial for reducing spikes in blood sugar levels.
- 33 calories / 100g
- 89% water
Great source of:
- VitaminA, B6, C& K
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Antioxidants (primarily carotenoids)
- Protect eye health & prevent night blindness.
- Support the immune system & defend the body against free radical damage, harmful bacteria, viruses & inflammation.
- Decrease the risk of heart disease & stroke.
- Support oral health and reduce the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Boost skin health & speed wound healing processes.
- Protect brain health and cognitive functioning.
- Reduce oxidative stress, prevent inflammation and protect against some cancers.