Carrot Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how carrots can support your health and wellness.
Carrot nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! This popular root vegetable is versatile, highly nutritious and full of fibre. They are found in a variety of colours and can be eaten cooked, raw or juiced. They are predominantly comprised of water & carbohydrates with virtually no fat or protein. They rate low on the GI scale (particularly when raw), which is beneficial for reducing spikes in blood sugar levels.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, carrots can support your health and wellness, by providing:
33 calories / 100g
- Vitamin A, B6, C& K
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Antioxidants (primarily carotenoids)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Protect eye health & prevent night blindness.
- Support the immune system & defend the body against free radical damage, harmful bacteria, viruses & inflammation.
- Decrease the risk of heart disease & stroke.
- Support oral health and reduce the risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Boost skin health & speed wound healing processes.
- Protect brain health and cognitive functioning.
- Reduce oxidative stress, prevent inflammation and protect against some cancers.
Carrot Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of carrots, search:
To learn more about how carrots can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: