Cardamom Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how cardamom can support your health and wellness.
Cardamom nutrition, benefits, recipes...This intense, but slightly sweet spice originates from India and has been used in traditional medicine for centuries and can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes.
- 33 calories / gram (dried, ground)
- 8% water
- Vitamin A, B6 & C
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Act as a diuretic and contribute to the lowering of blood pressure.
- Reduce inflammation and prevent the onset of chronic diseases.
- Prevent digestive disorders including gastric ulcers.
- Reduce nausea and vomiting.
- Improve oral health and prevent cavities bad breath.
- Prevent bacterial and fungal infections.
- Relax airways and improve the uptake of oxygen into the blood.
- Regulate liver enzymes and prevent fatty liver disease.
- Reduce symptoms associated with anxiety, depression and other mood disorders.
- Improve libido and prevent impotence.
- Improves complexion and soothes skin allergies.
- Prevent some cancers due to cancer fighting compounds.
Cardamom Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of cardamom, search:
To learn more about how cardamom can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: