Cabbage Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how cabbage can support your health and wellness.
Cabbage nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Cabbage is part of the cruciferous family of vegetables and is related to broccoli and kale. It can come in either green or red/purple varieties and is extremely low in calories, but high in nutritional and health benefits.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, cabbage can support your health and wellness, by providing:
31 calories / 100g
- Vitamins A, B6, C &K
- Folate (B9)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Boost the immune system.
- Reduce inflammation and arthritic pain.
- Support healthy bone development & reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Prevent degenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease & Parkinson’s disease.
- Strengthen gut health, particularly when fermented (eg: kimchi).
- Reduce blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
Prevent macular degeneration.
Assist in the repair of wounds & injuries.
Prevent colon cancer.
Cabbage Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of cabbage, search:
To learn more about how cabbage can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: