Buckwheat Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how buckwheat can support your health and wellness.
Buckwheat nutrition, benefits, recipes...let your imagination run wild with the potential of nature's own cereals and grains. Buckwheat (Kasha or Soba), is a gluten-free seed packed full of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Although it’s technically a seed (and high in both protein and fibre), it is often thought of as a grain because it is lower in fat and higher in starch than most other seeds.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, buckwheat can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 375 calories / 100g (uncooked)
- 8% water
- 80 calories / 100g (cooked)
- 80% water
- Vitamin B6, B Complex
- Niacin (B3)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Lower unhealthy cholesterol levels & prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Reduce blood lipid levels, reduce blood pressure and improve weight regulation.
- Fight free-radical damage and support brain, liver and digestive health.
- Regulate digestion and protect against gastrointestinal diseases.
- Balance blood sugar levels and prevent inflammation, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Aid muscle recovery & growth.
- Support effective circulation and blood vessel functioning.
- Aid neurotransmitter signalling and help to fight depression, anxiety and headaches.
- Fermented buckwheat acts as an important prebiotic that nourishes healthy bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Buckwheat also contains the essential amino acids lysine and arginine that aren’t found in other common cereals and grains.
Buckwheat Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of buckwheat, search:
To learn more about how buckwheat can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: