Broccoli is a great source of plant-based protein, is low in calories, and packed full of other beneficial plant compounds. It definitely earns a place in my personal ‘TOP 10’ list of beneficial veggies.
- 40 calories / 100g
- 87% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin A, B6, C & K
- Dietary fibre
- Support immune system functioning.
- Reduce oxidative stress that can lead to the development of cancer cells.
- Regulate cholesterol levels, reduce blood pressure and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Support eye health & prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
- Help maintain bone density and support healthy teeth&nails.
- Improve digestive health, prevent constipation & minimise symptoms of IBS.
- Prevent premature skin aging & irritation as well as assist in wound healing.
- Support liver function & blood detoxification.
- Improve hormonal health & adrenal gland functioning.
- Increase metabolism and support healthy weight management.
- Assist cognitive functioning into old age.
- Improve fertility.
Broccoli & Quinoa Nuggets
Find the recipe at:
60 calories per each