Blueberry Nutrition Benefits Recipes.
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how blueberries can support your health and wellness.
Blueberry nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Delicious, sweet and low in calories, these gorgeous little berries are packed full of nutrients and powerful antioxidants known to prevent cell damage linked to ageing and cancer.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, blueberries can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 55 calories / 100g.
- 87% water.
- Vitamins B6, C, E& K
- Thiamin (B1)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Dietary Fibre
- Reduce cellular damage associated with aging.
- Support DNA transcription and prevent cellular mutation associated with cancer.
- Protect against LDL oxidation (‘bad’ cholesterol) and prevent heart disease.
- Lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension.
- Support brain cell signalling and improve cognitive functioning.
- Regulate glucose metabolism and reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Prevent the binding of infectious bacteria associated with urinary tract infections.
- Promote digestion and prevent constipation and IBS.
- Support ocular health and prevent age related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Boost the immune system and prevent bacterial infections and viral illnesses.
- Reduce muscular damage and speed post-exercise recovery.
- Promote satiety and support weight loss.
- Fight inflammation and prevent the development of chronic illnesses.
Blueberry Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of blueberries, search:
To learn more about how blueberries can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
Baked Ricotta Caramelised Red Onion Prosciutto & Blueberry Tart
Find the recipe at:
705 calories per serve