Beetroot Nutrition Benefits and Recipes.
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how beetroot can support your health and wellness.
Beetroot nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Beetroot is one of the most popular root vegetables in the world, and given that they’re also packed full of nutritional and medicinal benefits, they’re a great addition to any roast or salad.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, beetroot can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 50 calories / 100g
- 87% water
- Vitamin C
- Folate (B9)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Lower blood pressure and support heart health.
- Improve circulation, reduce muscular tension and support endurance exercise performance.
- Protect against free-radical damage and cancer.
- Reduce inflammation and aid detoxification.
- Protect the skin from damage & reduce the appearance of ageing.
When selecting beetroot in-store, look for bulbs that are free from splits and still have stems and leave attached. Store them in a cool, dark place for up to three days, or in the crisper section of the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Beetroot Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of beetroot search:
To learn more about how beetroot can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: