Barley Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how barley can support your health and wellness.
Barley nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of nature's own cereals and grains! Barley is one of the oldest consumed grains in the world and has been a staple in the diets many European, African, and Middle Eastern nations for thousands of years.
Although it’s not as popular as other whole grains like oats, wheat, or quinoa, it possesses may impressive health benefits, mainly due to its high levels of dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, barley can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 340 calories / 100g (uncooked)
- 12% water
- 105 calories / 100g (cooked)
- 72% water
- Vitamin A & K
- Niacin (B3)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve digestive processes & fight constipation
- Improve satiety and the body’s metabolic response to starch.
- Regulate cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Improve glucose processing and decrease dietary fat absorption.
- Improve blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Fight oxidative stress and improve the appearance of skin & hair.
- Support nervous system functioning, brain health & cognitive functioning.
- Regulate insulin levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Reduce the risk of colon and hormone related cancers (prostate & breast).
Barley Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of barley, search:
To learn more about how barley can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: